● Prof. Leslie Chen has served as founding head of the Division of Landscape Architecture and Director / co-founder of The Master of Landscape Architecture program (since 1993) at the Faculty of Architecture, The University of Hong Kong (HKU). He joined the young Technological and Higher Educational Institute (THEi) of Hong Kong as the first appointed Dean of the Faculty of Design since 2012, new departments and new degree Programs are created under his leadership.
● Prof. Chen completed his Bachelor and Master Degrees at the Ivy League Cornell University. He worked in the United States for over a decade before returning to his hometown to join HKU. He has served on many competition juror boards, delivered keynote speeches in conferences and lectured at major universities in China. He has been appointed visiting professor of Tsinghua University. He also holds a Honorary Professorship at the School of Professional and Continuing Education of the University of Hong Kong (HKUSPACE).
● Prof. Chen has extensive administrative, academic, professional, and community service experience. He has taught students in Certificate, Bachelor Degree, and Master Degree Programmes. He has also been supervisor of MPhil and PhD candidates. He believes in multidisciplinary design approaches and cross sector lateral thinking.
● Prof. Chen is the immediate past Chairman of the Landscape Architects Registration Board (LARB); he has also been elected president of the Hong Kong Institute of Landscape Architects (HKILA) for five terms. He served as the Secretary General of the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA) Asian Pacific Region.
● Prof. chen actively participates in community services and has served as member of many government advisory committees and professional bodies, such as the Town Planning Board (TPB), Antiquities Advisory Board (AAB), Harbourfront Commission (formerly HEC), Lands and Buildings Advisory Committee (LBAC), Trade Development Council (TDC), West Kowloon Cultural District Authority (WKCDA), Greening Master plan Committee (GMP), Community Involvement in Greening (CICG), Board of Directors of the Professional Green Building Council (PGBC), HK-BEAM, the Architecture Centre, etc.